As a non-profit organization, we make sure that your generous gifts go directly to our on-going projects to help relieve the pains and sufferings of hundreds of thousands of poor people, orphans and lepers in Vietnam and Cambodia.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
Franciscan Charity provides food, clothing, health care and education to the poor, with a special focus given to orphans, disabled children, and lepers. Imitating the spirituality of Saint Francis, who served the poor, we minister to the destitute with love. The children are chosen because of needs, regardless of their religions, ethnic backgrounds, or political affiliation.
MODEL OF SERVICE:
Members of Franciscan Charity travel regularly to Vietnam and Cambodia and meet with local charitable institutions that have a reputable record of social service. These institutes are located throughout Vietnam and Cambodia . Special attention is given to locations in remote areas that are often ignored by other charitable organizations. Franciscan Charity also supports these charitable institutions (schools, orphanages, hospitals, etc.) directly from the United States . Because of challenges of shipping items, it is necessary to purchase the items in Vietnam , so our projects are funded by the generous monetary gifts from our benefactors in the United States .
1. Feeding the hungry: Throughout Vietnam and Cambodia , over 100 facilities receive funding to send food to the homebound and also for victims during the annual Hurricane seasons. Each person receives about $3 a month for rice.
2. During the cold weather: Throughout Vietnam and Cambodia , over 80 facilities receive funding for blankets and warm clothing. Each family receives about $10 worth of blankets or warm clothing.
3. During the hot weather: Throughout Vietnam and Cambodia, over 80 facilities receive funding for purchasing mosquito netting, which prevents disease among the people living in the jungle and poor villages. Each family receives about $10 worth of mosquito netting.
4. Throughout the year: Funding is provided for the drilling and building of water wells. In the past three years, over 2000 wells were completed with our assistance. Each well costs about $100.
5. Eye Surgeries: In three hospitals, 10 clinics, and villages throughout Vietnam , teams of Doctors and their assistants volunteer to perform eye surgeries. In the past three years, over 2000 surgeries have been performed. Because of chemicals in the rivers and streams, many villagers’ eyesite has been hampered. Each eye surgery averages about $70, to pay for medicines and medical supplies.
6. Heart Surgeries for children: Last year alone 142 heart surgeries were performed with extremely high success rate (98.5%!!!). We saved the lives of 140 children. Skilled and foreign-trained surgeons from six hospitals throughout Vietnam have performed these life-saving surgeries. We pay the bills for these surgeries. Each surgery costs about $2700.
7. Medicine Boxes: Last year we purchased medical supplies with 942 boxes of medicines that were sent to different villages and clinics throughout Vietnam and Cambodia . Each box averages about $200 worth of medicines.
8. Wheelchairs: Over the last three years we have provided over 1000 wheelchairs throughout Vietnam to disabled orphans and handicapped adults. Each wheelchair costs about $100.
9. Abortion: In collaboration with Religious women and men in Vietnam , we have provided funding for women considering abortions, to carry their babies to full term. Assistance is also provided after the baby is born. Over the last three years we have provided aid to over 100 new mothers. We spend $500 for each case to save a life of a innocent child.
10. Education for Working Children: Over the last three years, we have provided evening classes and built classrooms in over 20 villages for poor children unable to attend school because, during the day, they are working to help their families.
11. Job Training: Currently we have 18 job training sites, mostly for women learning sewing skills. We provide the sewing machines and materials needed. During training the trainees are able to make needed clothing items for their families and the poor.
12. Emergency Response Teams: We have four teams of emergency workers who can quickly go out to victims of Hurricanes and other natural disasters. They provide the needed items (food, tents, etc) and bring them quickly to the disaster sites. Follow-up necessities are also provided after the disasters (eg. seeds for farmers for their new crops, small Food Banks, etc.).
13. School supplies for children: At the beginning of each semester, we provide school supplies for poor students in over 100 parishes throughout Vietnam and Cambodia .
Các bài bình luận (0)Hãy là người bình luận đầu tiên cho tài liệu này!
People Need Charity